How to Stop Screen Recording on Mac whereas Quicktime can be valuable for recording your screen on the Mac, it can regularly be confusing when it comes to stopping the recording. In this article, you’ll learn how to halt QuickTime screen recording. We’ll show you a number of superior choices to record your screen on a Mac easily.
During the recording, the menu bar is covered up by the sea to prevent it from being seen within the video. You can’t bring it back to the screen by floating where it was. Right-clicking on the QuickTime icon won’t offer assistance either.
Whereas it could seem like a hassle not to have the toolbar return, there’s really a straightforward way to halt recording. You’ll do this by getting to your Mac’s menu bar, which is found at the best of the screen. Screen recording can be stopped by clicking the circular icon following the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi icons. Simple, right?
However, saving an expensive How to Stop Screen Recording on Mac record on your Mac will take up a huge amount of storage space for your gadget and cause inconvenience. So, it would be way better to stop QuickTime screen recording in time. This part will offer you numerous tutorials on how to stop QuickTime recording. Which one is the finest solution for you?
Stop screen recording with hotkeys:
To stop a QuickTime screen recording utilizing hotkeys, you’ll utilize the taking after keyboard shortcut:
Ctrl + Command + Esc. Pressing these keys at the same time will quickly stop the recording. This shortcut is the default strategy to stop a screen recording in QuickTime on a Mac. On the off chance that you prefer a distinctive hotkey combination, you’ll make a custom shortcut by taking these steps:
- Go to Framework Preferences on your Mac.
- Press on the Keyboard.
- Select the Shortcuts tab.
- Within the left sidebar, select App Shortcuts.
- Press the “+” button to include a new shortcut.
- Within the Application dropdown menu, select QuickTime Player.
- Within the Menu Title field, type “Stop Recording” (without quotes).
- Assign your wanted hotkey combination within the Keyboard Shortcut field.
- Press Include to save the custom shortcut.
Stop screen recording with the Stop button:
To stop a screen recording in QuickTime utilizing the Stop button within the menu bar , you’ll be able take these steps:
- Start the screen recording in QuickTime by clicking the Record button.
- Once you’re prepared to stop the recording, tap the Stop button within the menu bar. The Stop button is represented by a square symbol.
- After you tap the Stop button, QuickTime will naturally stop the recording and open the recorded video for you to play, edit, or share.
Utilizing the Stop button within the menu bar is the prescribed strategy to stop a screen recording in QuickTime. It gives a direct way to conclude the recording and get to the recorded video.
End screen recording: Force quit
To end a QuickTime screen recording by drive quitting the application, you’ll be able to take these steps:
- Click on the Apple menu in the top left corner of your screen.
- Select “Force Stopped” from the drop-down menu.
- A window will show up showing a list of right now running applications.
- Search for QuickTime Player and select it from the list.
- Press the “Force Quit” button.
By force quitting QuickTime Player, the application will be closed, and the screen recording will be stopped. In any case, if you don’t mind, note that if you force quit QuickTime Player, the recording may not be saved, so it’s imperative to form beyond any doubt you have saved the recording sometime recently and constrain stopping if you need to keep it.
End screen recording on a Mac with Activity Screen:
To end a screen recording on a Mac utilizing Activity Monitor, you’ll be able to take these steps:
- Open Finder on your Mac.
- Go to the “Applications” folder.
- Open the “Utilities” folder.
- Send an “activity screen” from a utility envelope.
- Within the Activity Monitor window, find and select “QuickTime Player” from the list of forms.
- Tap on the “X” button within the upper-left corner of the Activity Monitor window to force stop QuickTime Player. 7 . Confirm the activity by clicking “Force Quit” within the pop-up exchange box.
By force quitting QuickTime Player utilizing Movement Screen, you’ll be able to end the screen recording process. Be that as it may, it would be ideal if you note that on the off chance that you force quit QuickTime Player, the recording may not be spared, so it’s critical to make sure you’ve saved the recording sometime recently and force quitting in the event that you need to keep it.
Certainly, here’s a brief conclusion:
To stop a screen recording on a Mac utilizing QuickTime Player, basically, tap on the recording button within the menu bar at the top of your screen and select “Stop Recording” from the drop-down menu. You’ll be able moreover utilize the console easy route “Control + Command + Esc” to stop the recording. After stopping the recording, QuickTime Player will handle and save the recorded video, permitting you to audit, edit, and share it as required.